The 2021 BMW 740xi drives like a private jet for the road. It’s a posh sanctuary, experienced as effectively from the back row as from the front seats.
Few vehicles can match the opulence of this full-size four-door, with a choice of 6-, 8-, or 12-cylinder engines-plus a plug-in hybrid powertrain. BMW’s flagship represents a commitment to comfort and quality, not just performance and handling,
For the 2021 model year, the 7-Series grille has grown by 40 percent, while the hood is 1.7 inches taller. New adaptive LED headlights are standard. Bumpers are new, as are 3D taillights. Engine output for the 750i xDrive model has increased by 76 horsepower, while the inline-6 used by the 745e plug-in hybrid has gained 67 horsepower. Adaptive LED headlights are standard.
BMW offers a diverse powertrain selection. In the 2021 BMW 740xi, the turbocharged inline-6 makes 335 horsepower and 330 pound-feet of torque, mating with 8-speed automatic transmission. Rear-drive is standard, with all-wheel drive available-and quicker accelerating from a standstill.
All-wheel drive is standard on upper models. The 750i xDrive uses a twin-turbo 4.4-liter V-8, developing 523 horsepower and 553 pound-feet. Accelerating to 60 mph takes just 3.9 seconds, while the price edges into six-figure territory.
Both the M760i xDrive and its performance-focused Alpina B7 counterpart pack a mighty 6.6-liter V-12, providing 0-60 mph acceleration in 3.6 seconds.
Priced identically to the 740i, the plug-in hybrid 745e xDrive blends a 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-6 with an electric powertrain. The hybrid system generates 389 total horsepower and 442 pound-feet. Electric-only range is minimal, at 16 miles. The battery pack can be charged from an electrical outlet.
- 3.0L I-6 Engine
- 8-spd w/OD Transmission
- 335 @ 5,500 rpm Horsepower
- 330 @ 1,500 rpm Torque
- Rear-wheel Drive type
- ABS and driveline Traction control
- 1st row regular express open/close sliding and tilting glass Sunroof
- 18″ silver aluminum Wheels
- Front air conditioning, dual zone automatic
- Rear air conditioning, with separate controls
- Driver and front passenger heated-cushion, heated-seatback Heated front seats
- SiriusXM AM/FM/HD/Satellite, seek-scan Radio
- 2 – 1st row LCD monitor
- Keyfob (all doors) Remote keyless entry
- Heated mirrors
- Windshield wipers – rain sensing
- Dakota leather Seat trim
- Driver and passenger Lumbar support
- Navigation system
- Parking Assistant Plus Parking assist